Kids Connection is a school-age child care program for students in grades K-6. The program provides quality before and after school care as well as optional all day care on snow days, teacher workshop days, and days prior to or following legal holidays.
The program is intended to assist parents who are unable to be home with their children before the school day begins or when the school day has ended. Kids Connection is meant to be an extension of home where children can feel safe and valued. Children enrolled in the program will participate in a variety of planned and supervised activities including: games, projects, computer time, outdoor/indoor play, and play centers.
Our 17-18 School year program is currently full.
2018 Summer registration will begin Monday, February 26 and close on Friday, March 2. 2017 Summer and current school year families will have priority registration during this time. If any openings are available new families may attend registration night on Tuesday, March 6 at 4:45pm-5:30pm in the Jefferson cafeteria. Please contact the coordinator with any questions 233-6191 email@example.com
REGISTRATION FEES FOR THE SCHOOL YEAR
A yearly $20.00 registration fee will be charged per child to use Kids Connection. Space within the program is limited. All children attending this program must be registered and have the registration fee paid before attending. The school year $20.00 fee is good from the first day of school until the last day of school. All families must register separately for our summer program which runs from June through August. Registration for our school year program is held in the spring and you can contact the Kids Connection Coordinator for more information.
AM Session Rate $4.00 per child
PM Session Rate $6.30 per child
There is a minimum charge of $4.00 for a child to attend Kids Connection before school. For example, if your child attends from 7:30 a.m.-8:00 a.m. the charge for parents is $4.00. If your child attends from 3:00 p.m.-5:30 p.m. the charge for parents is $6.30.
If you do not have the same schedule every week drop in care is available at the cost of $6.00 a.m. and $8.00 p.m. Drop-in availability is not guaranteed, and drop-in services are charged once reserved.
Non School Days are not included in your contract. These are available by signing up separately.
Full Day $26.75
1/2 Day 6:30-12 p.m. $17
1/2 Day 12-5:30 p.m. $17
PAYMENT OF FEES
Parents are billed on Monday, with full payment due on Friday. Finders Fee: Note: See Parent Handbook for complete listing of policies. All children must be signed up to attend Kids Connection each day. Failure to notify staff that your child will not be at Kids Connection on a scheduled day will result in a $5.00 Finders Fee. Please call if your child is sick, picked up directly from school or not coming to Kids Connection on a particular day.
**Fees will be increasing beginning with the 2018-2019 School year.
WHEN IS IT HELD?
Kids Connection is open Monday through Friday before school from 6:30 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. and after school from 2:45 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. If school is dismissed early or canceled due to the weather, we will provide care for all registered children. Kids Connection is open from 6:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on snow days, teacher in service days and other scheduled non-school days.
Our summer program begins in June. Hours are 6:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. All grade levels are located on the Jefferson School Campus in the Annex Building during the summer. A $20 registration fee will be charged per child to use Kids Connection throughout the summer. Our program closes for a week at the end of August or beginning of September (depending on calendar) before school starts.
SNOW DAYS AND HOLIDAYS
If school is two hours late, canceled, or dismissed early due to inclement weather, Kids Connection will be open. There may be instances where the risk for families and staff is too dangerous and Kids Connection will decide to close. Families will be notified should this occur. Kids Connection will be open on teacher workshop days and other days prior to or following legal holidays, numbers permitting. Parents will receive sign up forms throughout the school year to register their children for these days. Children whose parents have paid the $20.00 registration fee (per child) may attend on these days. Kids Connection will be closed on legal holidays.
Snow Day Policies
2 HR. LATE START:
- All care for the Middle School, Jefferson, Washington, NUACS and St. Paul’s students will be at the child’s Kids Connection site. There is NO breakfast on late start days! KC will serve a snack.
- Kids Connection will be open for late starts beginning at 6:30 a.m. Questions regarding opening times should be called into the ANNEX/WASHINGTON classroom. (Annex 233-8312/Washington 233-8314) While we open on time there could be an instance where weather is severe enough that a staff can not arrive promptly at 6:30 a.m. If you plan to drop off upon opening; please call.
- NUACS & St. Paul’s students will shuttle bus or walk to their appropriate schools.
- All care for the Middle School, Jefferson, Washington, NUACS and St. Paul’s students will be at the child’s Kids Connection site.
- NUACS students need to take a shuttle bus to the Annex/Washington & St. Paul’s Students walk. Shuttle Bus #8, #11, and #13 shuttle to the Annex/Washington from NUACS.
- Should school be cancelled prior to lunch being served or go from a 2 hr. late start to cancelled, K.C. will provide lunch at a charge of $3.00 per child.** (fee placed on your bill). Parents should pick up in the Annex Building using the North Entrance facing Jefferson school.
- All care on “all day snow days” will be on the in the Annex Building. Parents should use the North Entrance of the building for drop off and pick up.
- There is NO hot lunch on snow days. Kids must bring a lunch with a beverage.
- Children should also bring appropriate outdoor clothing and tennis shoes for snow days. We often go outside and to the gym on these days.
- If the Governor closes school, Kids Connection is CLOSED (NOT open)
Kids Connection is open on Early-Release and Late Start Days. If you are already scheduled to attend on these days, then it is included in the daily session price. If you are not scheduled to attend, you may call and request drop-in care.
On your contract there is a special section for “Early-Release & Late Start Snow Days.” It gives you the option to state whether your child will attend on and “Early-Release or Late Start Snow Day.” “Early-Release & Late Start Snow Days that fall on your regularly contracted days only,” or “No, my child will not attend ANY Early-Release/late Start Snow Days.” We will follow the checked option unless we hear otherwise. We want to ensure that all children are in a pre-planned, safe environment during severe winter weather events.
Please let us know your child’s schedule on snow days. With the “chaos” of the day it is helpful to know if your child should or should not attend KC. (Always call or e-mail the Annex directly at 233-8312 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
The late pick up policy WILL be enforced on snow days! If you work out of town you are advised to arrive at Kids Connection by 5:30 p.m., or send an alternate person to pick up your child.
Please review all policies regarding snow days in your parent handbook.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call Stef Dietz (233-6191 or email@example.com).
Kids Connection is located in the Annex Building for grades 1-6 and at Washington Learning Center for Kindergarten. All before school care for grades 1-6 is located in the Annex Building and care for Kindergarten is located at Washington.
Kids Connection Parent Advisory Board
The Kids Connection Parent Advisory Board will hold 1-4 evening meetings per year. If you would like to be a part of this board, please contact the Kids Connection Coordinator.
Goals of the Kids Connection Parent Advisory Board
- To provide parental input into program policies and procedures.
- To promote Kids Connection throughout the community (program publicity, outreach and community relations).
- To assist in resource development (provide information about and access to community sources of funds and materials).
- To provide input into program evaluation (to provide long range planning as well as provide feedback on present programming).
400 S. Payne St., New Ulm, MN 56073
Annex Grades 1-6 Classroom
Washington Kindergarten Classroom
Stef Dietz – Coordinator
2017-2018 School Year
- KC Parent Handbook
- Activity Calendar
- February Activity Calendars
- Parent Information
- No School Sign-up Slips
- Spring Break
Find out more information about programs available in our community for youth as well as information about school age child care programs.
City of New Ulm-Park and Recreation
City of New Ulm Links for Kids
This page is a useful tool for safe and interactive websites and games for children, as well as information for parents. Take a peek to see what our town has to offer!
New Ulm Area Gymnastics Academy
Kids Connection visits NUAGA on various occasions for field trips. Find out what your kids are talking about.
Pro Kinship for Kids
PRO Kinship for Kids is our local youth mentoring program in Brown County.
Flandrau State Park
The beauty of Minnesota right in our own backyard. Click to see what offerings the park has this summer!
Kids Connection is a member of the Minnesota School Age Care Alliance (MnSACA).
Directions 2017 Tax Statement
2017 Childcare Expenses for Tax Report-Families will be responsible to run 2017 tax Reports. Once the final days of 2017 have been charges. The coordinator will email directions for accessing the report.